Your Mother carried you inside of her womb for nine whole months, she felt sick for months with nausea, then she watched her feet swell and her skin stretch and tear.
She struggled to climb stairs, she got breathless quickly and even a simple task like putting her shoes on was a huge struggle for her. She suffered many sleepless nights while you kicked and squirmed inside of her and while you demanded that she scoffed junk at 3am, she then went through EXCRUCIATING PAIN to bring you into this world.
She became your nurse, your chef, your maid, your chauffeur, your biggest fan, your teacher, your agony aunt and your best friend. She’s struggled for you, cried over you, fought for you, put herself second for you, hoped the best for you and has driven herself insane with worry for you but never has she asked for anything in return because she loves you and did it all on love alone!
Most of us take our Mums for granted but there are people who have lost or have never even seen theirs. If you have a loving Mother who did all of this for you, you are very lucky, never devalue her worth because one day, you’ll wish you hadn’t!
To every women who is a mother, and to every other women who is going to be one day, A very very Happy Women’s Day
Getting all this you guys may enjoy it an please don’t hesitate to laugh though……
For the past few weeks I’ve been reading my mates various magazines that come to that house each month (Glamour, Cosmopolitan, Marie Claire, Vogue, Little Gus has a Fashion Magazine addiction, etc) and I came across an article that I found very interesting, and a bit entertaining. It was entitled “The Lies Men Tell”–and it was written by a man.
As I read more, I found it hilarious. It was written with such a matter-of-fact nature, like it’s normal or even acceptable that these common lies pour out of men’s mouth like verbal diarrhea. This article got me thinking about the lies that come out of women’s mouths as well.
There are things we indeed lie to our significant others about in order to spare their feelings, save a conversation from getting too intense, or…just because we have a little bit of verbal outpouring of our own. So, to the men out there– here are the lies they tell.
1. “Size doesn’t matter.”
trust me, it does. The term “it’s not the size that counts but how you use it” was most likely coined by a man who was probably ashamed of his very small parts. Gentleman…yes, size matters. Be logical.
2. “I LOVE your mom”!
Odds are, we don’t. We can sense that she will never think we are good enough for you, and we can also sense that we’ll never quite measure up to her in your eyes. We may like her, but we have a sense that she’s constantly “judging”.
3. “You’re the best I’ve ever had!”
Strictly speaking in regards to actual number of orgasms, you may not be ranked numero uno. But who counts anyway?
4. “I’ve only slept with __?____ amount of people.”
Add a few numbers to that list. Then, if we really love you, you should add a few more.
5. “Oh I’ve never done that!”
Odds are we have done it at least once, or we’ve thought about doing it.
6. “I’ve never felt this way about anybody before”
… We have. We’ve probably said that to each guy we’ve ever “fell” for. Everything feels the same in the beginning of a relationship.
7. “I’ve never (kissed, done this, gone home with) a stranger before!”
Sure we have, we just don’t want you to think we’re a slut.
8. “I’m not looking for a relationship”.
We are. We either don’t think you are good enough, or we think you don’t want one and we don’t want to appear needy.
9. “I got them on sale”. No we didn’t.
We spent half our rent money on them, but we just don’t want you to know that.
So, women tell little white lies as well. Just like men, they have a certain way we’d like to look and be portrayed, and certain facts from our lives just don’t paint that picture. As for the important stuff—if they love you, and I mean really love you– you’ll know what’s truth and what’s not. And if there’s love, it shouldn’t matter anyway.
1. Guys don’t actually look after good-looking girls. They prefer neat and presentable girls.
2. Guys love flirts.
3. A guy can like you for a minute, and then forget you afterwards.
4. When a guy says he doesn’t understand you, it simply means you’re not thinking the way he is.
5. “Are you doing something?” or “Have you eaten already?” are the first usual questions a guy asks on the phone just to get out from stammering.
6. Guys may be flirting around all day but before they go to sleep, they always think about the girl they truly care about.
7. When a guy really likes you, he’ll disregard all your bad characteristics.
8. Guys go crazy over a girl’s smile.
9. Guys will do anything just to get the girl’s attention.
10. Guys hate it when you talk about your ex-boyfriend.
11. When guys want to meet your parents. Let them.
12. Guys want to tell you many things but they can’t. And they sure have one habit to gain courage and spirit to tell you many things and it is drinking!
13. Guys cry!!!!!!!!
14. Don’t provoke the guy to heat up. Believe me. He will.
15. Guys can never dream and hope too much.
16. Guys usually try hard to get the girl who has dumped them, and this makes it harder for them to accept their defeat.
17. When you touch a guy’s heart, there’s no turning back.
18. Giving a guy a hanging message like “You know what?!..uh…never mind!” would make him jump to a conclusion that is far from what you are thinking.
19. Guys go crazy when girls touch their hands.
20. Guys are good flatterers when courting but they usually stammer when they talk to a girl they really like.
21. When a guy makes a prolonged “umm” or makes any excuses when you’re asking him to do you a favor, he’s actually saying that he doesn’t like you and he can’t lay down the card for you.
22. When a girl says “no”, a guy hears it as “try again tomorrow.”
23. You have to tell a guy what you really want before he gets the message clearly.
24. Guys hate gays!
25. Guys love their moms.
26. A guy would sacrifice his money for lunch just to get you a couple of roses. 27. A guy often thinks about the girl who likes him. But this doesn’t mean that the guy likes her.
28. You can never understand him unless you listen to him.
29. If a guy tells you he loves you once in a lifetime. He does.
30. Beware. Guys can make gossips scatter through half of the face of the earth faster than girls can.
31. Like Eve, girls are guys EUR™ weaknesses.
32. Guys are very open about themselves.
33. It’s good to test a guy first before you believe him. But don’t let him wait that long.
34. No guy is bad when he is courting.
35. Guys hate it when their clothes get dirty. Even a small dot.
36. Guys really admire girls that they like even if they’re not that much pretty.
37. Your best friend, whom your boyfriend seeks help from about his problems with you may end up being admired by your boyfriend.
38. If a guy tells you about his problems, he just needs someone to listen to him. You don’t need to give advice.
39. A usual act that proves that the guy likes you is when he teases you.
40. A guy finds ways to keep you off from linking with someone else.
41. Guys love girls with brains more than girls in miniskirts.
42. Guys try to find the stuffed toy a girl wants but would unluckily get the wrong one.
43. Guys virtually brag about anything.
44. Guys cannot keep secrets that girls tell them.
45. Guys think too much.
46. Guys’ fantasies are unlimited.
47. Girls’ height doesn’t really matter to a guy but her weight does!
48. Guys tend to get serious with their relationship and become too possessive. So watch out girls!!
49. When a girl makes the boy suffer during courtship, it would be hard for him to let go of that girl.
50. It’s not easy for a guy to let go of his girlfriend after they broke up especially when they’ve been together for 3 years or more.
51. You have to tell a guy what you really want before getting involved with that guy.
52. A guy has to experience rejection, because if he’s too-good-never-been-busted, never been in love and hurt, he won’t be matured and grow up.
53. When an unlikable circumstance comes, guys blame themselves a lot more than girls do. They could even hurt themselves physically.
54. Guys have strong passion to change but have weak will power.
55. Guys are tigers in their peer groups but become tamed pussycats with their girlfriends.
56. When a guy pretends to be calm, check if he’s sweating. You’ll probably see that he is nervous.
57. When a guy says he is going crazy about the girl. He really is.
58. When a guy asks you to leave him alone, he’s just actually saying, “Please come and listen to me.”
59. Guys don’t really have final decisions.
60. When a guy loves you, bring out the best in him.
61. If a guy starts to talk seriously, listen to him.
62. If a guy has been kept shut or silent, say something.
63. Guys believe that there’s no such thing as love at first sight, but court the girls anyway and then realize at the end that he is wrong.
64. Guys like femininity not feebleness.
65. Guys don’t like girls who punch harder than they do.
66. A guy may instantly know if the girl likes him but can never be sure unless the girl tells him.
67. A guy would waste his time over video games and basketball, the way a girl would do over her romance novels and make-ups.
68. Guys love girls who can cook or bake.
69. Guys like girls who are like their moms. No kidding!
70. A guy has more problems than you can see with your naked eyes.
71. A guy’s friend knows everything about him. Use this to your advantage.
72. Don’t be a snob. Guys may easily give up on the first sign of rejection.
73. Don’t be biased. Try loving a guy without prejudice and you’ll be surprised.
74. Girls who bathe in their eau de perfumes do more repelling than attracting guys.
75. Guys are more talkative than girls are especially when the topic is about girls.
76. Guys don’t comprehend the statement “Get lost” too well.
77. Guys really think that girls are strange and have unpredictable decisions but still love them more.
78. When a guy gives a crooked or pretentious grin at your jokes, he finds them offending and he just tried to be polite.
79. Guys don’t care about how shiny their shoes are unlike girls.
80. Guys tend to generalize about girls but once they get to know them, they’ll realize they’re wrong.
81. Any guy can handle his problems all by his own. He’s just too stubborn to deal with it.
82. Guys find it so objectionable when a girl swears.
83. Guys’ weakest point is at the knee.
84. When a problem arises, a guy usually keeps himself cool but is already thinking of a way out.
85. When a guy is conscious of his looks, it shows he is not good at fixing things.
86. When a guy looks at you, either he’s amazed of you or he’s criticizing you.
87. When you catch him cheating on you and he asks for a second chance, give it to him. But when you catch him again and he asks for another chance, ignore him.
88. If a guy lets you go, he really loves you.
89. If you have a boyfriend, and your boy best friend always glances at you and it obviously shows that he is jealous whenever you’re with your boyfriend, all I can say is your boy best friend loves you more than your boyfriend does.
90. Guys learn from experience not from the romance books that girls read and take as their basis of experience.
91. You can tell if a guy is really hurt or in pain when he cries in front of you!
92. If a guy suddenly asks you for a date, ask him first why.
93. When a guy says he can’t sleep if he doesn’t hear your voice even just for one night, hang up. He also tells that to another girl. He only flatters you and sometimes makes fun of you.
94. You can truly say that a guy has good intentions if you see him praying sometimes.
95. Guys seek for advice not from a guy but from a girl.
96. Girls are allowed to touch boys’ things. Not their hair!
97. If a guy says you’re beautiful, that guy likes you.
98. Guys hate girls who overreact.
99. Guys love you more than you love them if they are serious in your relationships.
Very much like the relationships between men and women now. The conventions were different, but the essence of the relationships is the same. Some people are dominating and some are more retiring. Shakespeare shows us all kinds of couples. Couples which involve a strong man and a weaker woman are Othello and Desdemona, Demetrius and Helena, and Hamlet and Ophelia. Couples with a strong woman and a weak man include Helena and Bertram, Lady Macbeth and Macbeth, Goneril and Albany, Phoebe and Silvius, and Portia and Bassanio. Couples where both are strong include Beatrice and Benedick, Antony and Cleopatra and Petruchio and Katharine. Hero and Claudio both are weak. Shakespeare would not have shown us this broad array of different relationships had the reality of his world been as monochromatic as some would like us to believe.
As we follow our gut instincts sometimes, as if we struck with an idea about doing a repetitive rubbish in an entirely new way. We are not as restrained by our old habits now, as it empowering us to analyze our methods in a different light. I thought, we won’t ever know unless you give it a try. Even if I am not immediately successful, don’t give up; success may require multiple attempts before you get it just right. We all do our cockups time to time… We should remind ourselves that “patience is virtue”.
The phrase “patience is a virtue” is just a way of expressing the importance of being patient. A virtue is a trait or quality deemed to be morally excellent and thus is valued as a foundation of principle and good moral being. Patience can make us better people. The definition of the word is to tolerate delay implying self control and forbearance. When we say “patience is a virtue” we are exposing our moral values and expressing the importance of patience as a foundation of principle. So to answer the question patience is not a virtue until it truly becomes a virtue and knowing how diverse the spectrum of individualism is I’m sure patience is a vice (opposite of virtue) to some. Patience is a necessity for a happy existence and that is why the phrase is so often used.
Came across an article and as I read which is written by Mamelody. And I asked myself the question, can men and women really just be friend? This is probably one of the most challenging aspects of human interaction. According to survey conducted by the American Institute of Society Studies (AISS) it found that almost 98% of people who participated in that survey believe it is impossible for a man and woman to have a plutonic friendship without other factors being involved.
Take for instance my friend Jack Herness, a real estate broker. He has just been divorced after a three year marriage and he says that one of reasons to that was his friendship with women. “When I was dating my wife I made it clear to her that the majority of my friends were female. She accepted this in the beginning but gradually she could no longer control her jealousy to the point where she even fumed when I hugged my own sister,” he says. “I grew up in a house of women. I have four sisters, and I’m the last born and only son. My dad died when I was three so I was raised by my mother and sisters. All of my life my best friends have been girls.”
The fact is relationships between men and women are becoming complicated every day. It is normally impossible to imagine being friends with a member of the opposite without one factor in particular getting in the way – SEX!- Oscar Wilde puts this brilliantly from Lady Windermere’s Fan, which says, “Between men and women there is no friendship possible. There is passion, enmity, worship, love, but no friendship.”
Is culture reflecting reality?
Is it impossible for men to be friends with women, especially those they find attractive?
Statistics from the AISS also found that it is much easier for a woman to befriend a man with no sexual innuendo than it is for a man to be friends with a woman. Now being friends is not only about the sex, it also depends on other factors such as similarities in interests and hobbies, the level of communication and a deep understanding of one another.
“I do honestly agree that men and women cannot be friends, in the long run “says Carlos Hernandez, a relationship expert and coach.
“I met a wonderful lady about 27 years ago and we were great friends for like 13 years. We did everything best friends do but deep down my heart I was attracted to her madly. So many times I wanted to just grab her and make passionate love to her but I respected our friendship so I controlled myself for 13 years. After we both suffered divorces we went out one day on our usual outings and we had a little too much to drink. We made hot passionate love and today she is my wonderful wife and I always regret the years we wasted as just friends.”
In reality, men and women need to be friends in order for anything else to take place. A relationship that is not based on friendship is doomed to fail. That being said it is never easy to maintain a friendship with a member of the opposite sex but it can be done. Most people who find themselves in situations like these where their partners are good friends with a member of the opposite sex, tend to develop insecurities which ultimately lead to the destruction of their relationships.
Mandy Goldberg, a senior nurse at St Jude’s hospital in Milwaukee begs to differ.
“I have a couple of very close relationships with women as well, though my closest platonic relationships are with men. My husband fully supports me and understands this and so he never sees the need to feel insecure,” she says.
“The trick to maintaining a healthy friendship with a member of the opposite sex is to be open about it to your partner, and make sure your partner is friends with them too, that way there will be no room for fidelity of any sort.”
Now what if you have been intimate with someone, will it be possible for you to just be friends? “Definitely not,” says Mike Dobson, an Airport Engineer.
“After intimacy the friendship line has been crossed. I did make the mistake of sleeping with my best friend who was girl and after that it was impossible to just be friends after I tasted the physical side.”
In conclusion, in the words of When Harry met Sally, Harry tells Sally “what I’m saying is –and this not a come-on in any way, shape or form – is that men and women can’t be friends because the sex part always gets in the way.”
It brings a tear, Into my eyes, When I begin, To realize, I’ve cried so much, Since you’ve been gone, I guess I’m drowning in my own tears, I sit and cry, Just like a child My pouring tears Are runnin’ wild If you don’t think You’ll be home soon I guess I’ll drown in my own tears I know it’s true Into each life Some rain, rain must pour I’m so blue Here without you It keeps raining More and more Why don’t you Come on home Oh yes so I won’t Be all alone If you don’t think You’ll be home soon I guess I’ll (drown in my own tears) Ooh, don’t let me (drown in my own tears) When I’m in trouble, baby (drown in my own tears) Oh, yeah, baby don’t let me (drown in my own tears) I guess I’ll drown in my own tears Oh, mmmmm.