Every year, #Muslims observe a month-long fast during the 9th month of the #Islamic calendar: #Ramadan. Muslims believe that this month is filled with blessings, and it is appropriate to wish them well at the beginning of the month. Friendly words in any language are welcome, such as “I hope you have a blessed Ramadan,” or “may you have a peaceful Ramadan.” There are some #traditional or common Arabic greetings that one may use or come across:
“Kul ‘am wa enta bi-khair!”
(“May every year find you in good health!”)
At the end of the month, Muslims observe a holiday called Eid al-Fitr (the Festival of Fast-Breaking):
So you can walk on water?
You are no better than a twig floating on a puddle.
You can fly through the air?
You are no better than this gnat buzzing around my head.
Master your own heart then maybe you can be somebody.
Arabic wisdom from 500BC
- Thank You Mama!! (caireneinla.wordpress.com)
- Today is an Arabic Web Day (monakaraoui.wordpress.com)
- Relaaaxing… (nellypackshertrunk.wordpress.com)
- 36 Strange Examples of People Who Should Stay Away from Social Media (techeblog.com)
- The Commission of the Arabians / SANSE TRADITION (thebestlovespell.com)
- Arabic (thoughtprocess101.wordpress.com)
- Arabic language key to preserving heritage: UNESCO (dailystar.com.lb)
- New gnats found in giant sequoias (doctorfern.org)
- World’s Arabic Language Day :) (sabiehc.wordpress.com)
- Fables. (js250989.wordpress.com)
Beauty Of A Woman
The beauty of a WOMAN isn’t in the clothes she wear,
the figure that she carries
or the way she combs her hair.
The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes
because that’s the doorway to her HEART
the place where love resides.
The true beauty of a woman is reflected by her SOUL,
It’s the care she gives
and PASSION she shows
and the BEAUTY of a woman
with passing years only grows.
Women impure are for men impure, and men impure for women impure and women of purity are for men of purity, and men of purity are for women of purity: these are not affected by what people say: for them there is forgiveness, and a provision honourable.
الْخَبِيثَاتُ لِلْخَبِيثِينَ وَالْخَبِيثُونَ لِلْخَبِيثَاتِ ۖ وَالطَّيِّبَاتُ لِلطَّيِّبِينَ وَالطَّيِّبُونَ لِلطَّيِّبَاتِ ۚ أُولَٰئِكَ مُبَرَّءُونَ مِمَّا يَقُولُونَ ۖ لَهُم مَّغْفِرَةٌ وَرِزْقٌ كَرِيمٌ
- The Beauty of a Woman (positiveoutlooksblog.com)
- Relaxed Style (madisonmuse.com)
- …..w O M a N….. (dishibora.wordpress.com)
- “The beauty of … (maliamcfadden.wordpress.com)
- Aniino Designs… (ordinarywomanbehindtheveil.wordpress.com)
- Fashionable in Gray (madisonmuse.com)
- The beauty of a Woman (aniino.wordpress.com)
- Casual Weekend Fashion (madisonmuse.com)
- Dove Real Beauty Sketches; YOU are beautiful. (aimebyaime.wordpress.com)
- “The beauty of … (klosetphreek.wordpress.com)